Saturday, November 8, 2008

Have fun, Senator Mento!

Alright, so I've been looking around for an official journalist, and I haven't been having so good luck. Anyone who's got experience wants to be paid...a lot, and anyone who just has a degree is holding out for a paying job. So I won't be able to get professional articles up on here. I did, though, find someone. I went down to the nearby Liberal Arts college yesterday and asked around, and I found a first-year journalist major who was looking for experience. His name is Thomas Jones, and I know it sounds a little lame, but I've seen his work and it's good stuff.

So then. The election is finally over. Most of you readers probably weren't paying too much attention, since there was no presidental seat in contention, but I felt very close. I was (full disclosure!) one of Senator Mento's campaign volunteers, and I worked so hard to get him into office! The incumbent rate has gone down from its historic high a generation ago, thank goodness, but it's still nearly impossible to unseat a sitting senator! Of course, the scandals did make quite a difference--I know I'll never look at my cellphone the same way again!--but we had to work long and hard to win. I'm so proud. It really didn't sink in until today, when he took the subway off to the southeast. I hope he makes good on his promises for tax cuts. I'm...I'm actually a little teary eyed.

There's your news for today. The newly elected Senator Mento :snif: left today by subway to the capitol.

No comments: